19 September 2020 - 11.30 Forum 1
Via dell'Artigianato 39, 36060, Molvena. 03 June 2013
Bonotto Foundation was established in order to promote the Luigi Bonotto Collection which has collected, since the early Seventies to the present, numerous testimonies: works, audio documents, videos, posters, books, magazines and editions of Fluxus artists and International verbal-visual research developed from the late Fifties.
Bonotto Foundation aims to promote and develop a new way of relating between art, business and contemporary culture at international level. These are the three main pillars around which the life, activity and success of Luigi Bonotto, the Founation’s creator and sponsor, has developed.
The Foundation’s main objectives are:
- to spread Fluxus action and Concrete, Visual & Sound Poetry through exhibitions, loans, partnerships with museums, foundations, archives, fairs and events in the sector to discuss the objects and the history of the Collection;
- to promote activities as well as intellectual and contemporary art work, commissioning artist installations and programs for curators;
- to curate the publication of magazines, books, on- and off-line material, artist catalogues, printings and special editions;
- to organise exhibitions, seminars and conferences with young artists and curators, who, from time to time, join in the dialogue with the material in the Collection;
- to organise workshops on the Collection’s theme relating to the world of art, business and fashion. To organise Fluxux concerts and Concrete, Visual & Sound Poetry readings, showings of independent art cinema, and indoor and outdoor cycles of films made by young filmmakers;
- to support research relating to the history and criticism of contemporary art with a master of contemporary art and artistic techniques, partnerships with universities, residency programs for young artists and curators who can keep the entrepreneur/artist relationship alive, the type of relationship that has characterized the connection between Luigi Bonotto and the Fluxus artists and Concrete, Visual & Sound Poetry;
- to develop the relationship between artisan craftsmanship and industrial production and the art system, each fed by the same creativity, each central in the life of Luigi Bonotto.
The Bonotto Foundation is winding up a project of digitalising all the works and documents housed in the Luigi Bonotto Collection in order to make them freely available on-line on its website to all the curators, museum directors, scholars and enthusiasts who are interested in extending their knowledge of Fluxus, Concrete Poetry, Visual Poetry and Sound Poetry.
The space identified to host Bonotto Foundation is the historic industrial building "Former Slaughterhouse" in Bassano del Grappa. It will become a "Multifunctional Cultural Center".